Wednesday 20 July 2011

This is my baby girl. As of this post, she is 22 days, 21hours & 17 mins old.

I'll expand on the name of the Blog and many, many things later. But to start, I wanted to get one thing across.

Even though she can't talk or walk, can't run or have fun, can't control her bowels or pronounce vowels. I love her more than nearly anything else in this world. She is the reason I'm writing this, she has changed my life in ways that I can't conceive of yet. She will change my life, every day, until I draw my last breath.

I'm writing this encase I never get to explain the world or get to teach her. I'm writing this to capture ideas that will disappear in the rush of diapers, bottles and graying hair.

I love you little Aeryn. And I will do everything I can to ensure that you live longer, and smarter than I.

The only words i have are those of the 20th century street poet Shawn Corey Carter:


"I do anything necessary for her, so don't let the necessary occur"

No comments:

Post a Comment