Wednesday 9 May 2012

small revelations


Being a parent changes you. You don’t expect what those changes are though.  There is no joy on this earth that can compare with holding your smiling baby.  And that’s just what I was doing last week when I had a revelation. This is how God sees us. I’m looking down at the Wee Baby Aeryn and I see how God sees me. I hold her when she’s happy and just bask in her innocence. I hold her when she’s upset and try to comfort her. She doesn't understand what I’m doing to help her, she flails and squirms and cries trying to get away. I can’t explain simple things to her like how to blow her nose, so I help her as best I can while she fights me to try and take away her discomfort.  She will look at me with huge tear filled eyes asking “Why are you doing this to me?” and she doesn’t understand my response. How will her “difficult” years be on me? Will she see me trying to ruin her life or will she understand what I am trying to instill in her to spare her pain and misery later?

How much more is that with God? He tries to explain to us why His way is better than ours and all we do is kick and flail and pout and cry trying to live our lives with a ton of crap on our faces, rejecting his helping, cleansing hand. He doesn’t want us to live restricted lives; God wants us to flee inequity to simplify us, so that we have a life worth living. 

I could hold my baby all day long. How much more I now look forward to heaven, to be in His presence and just enjoy our Father as I imagine Aeryn enjoys just being held be me. Love is amazing and I firmly believe we don’t know even the half of what it actually is.  

1 comment: